Why is consolidation such a big deal? Wouldn’t it make sense to send each package from each store directly to me?
Consolidation is the big secret how to achieve huge savings on shipping. You can save over 50% to 90% in shipping cost. Why? Each package contains a lot of packaging material and empty space that being packed from the retailer. Also shipping cost for smaller packages is higher per kilo/pound comparing to bigger packages.
Planet Express will let you use our warehouse to collect packages from all different retailers; FREE storage up to 30 days. Then let us consolidate all packages into a bigger package.
So instead of paying $100 shipping postage for each of those 5 packages ($500 in total), you will pay approx. $140 shipping for the consolidated package. That is a huge saving! And then our shipping discounts kick-in. Because we ship huge volume of packages we receive big discounts. And we pass these discounts on you. So after you saved money on consolidation you save again on shipping. And that can be another 50%-80%.
Fee for consolidation is $5 + $2 per each consolidated package. For example if you have 3 packages, fee is $5 + $6 = $11. Fee is charged to cover for our warehouse staff labor & material for the consoldiation.
Beside the saving of the postage, the Consolidation service also help with:
- Remove unnecessary packaging and bulky boxes.
- Tightly pack the package, reduce the empty space to minimal so you do not pay the postage cost for empty space in the package.
- Checking the content of packages to make sure you get what you order
- Provide the photos of the contents for the consolidation
- Check the content to make sure it’s not broken
- You can also request additional special request such as Additional Bubble Wrap, Additional Security Tape.
How it works
- Go into your account
- Choose the packages which you want to consolidate
- Once the consolidation is done we notify you by email
Look at the pictures of before consolidation, total cost for 5 packages shipped to United Kingdom is $147.
After Consolidation, total cost is $72. Over 50% of saving !!