Why is consolidation such a big deal? Wouldn’t it make sense to send each package from each store directly to your home address?
Consolidation is the big secret on how to achieve huge savings on shipping. You can save over 50% to 90% on shipping costs. Why? Each package contains a lot of packaging material and empty space that being packed from the retailer. Also, the shipping cost for smaller packages is higher per kilo/pound comparing to bigger packages.
Planet Express will let you use our warehouse to collect packages from different retailers. In the free package plan, you get 10 days of free storage and with the premium plan even 45 days. The consolidation feature is available in the premium plan only. With 45 days of free storage, you will have plenty of time to collect packages from different online stores. Then simply place the consolidation request and we take care of the rest.
This means, instead of paying $100 for shipping of every package ($500 in total), you will pay approx. $140 for shipping of the consolidated package. It pays off, doesn’t it? And then our shipping discounts kick-in. Because we ship a huge volume of packages we receive big discounts. And we pass these discounts on you. So after you saved money on consolidation you save again on shipping. And that can be another 50-80% compared to shipping the package directly with the carrier.
Price Of The Consolidation Service
Fee for consolidation is $5 + $2 per each consolidated package. For example if you have 3 packages, the fee is $5 + (3*$2) = $11. The fee is charged to cover our warehouse staff labor & material for the consolidation.
Besides the saving of the postage, the Consolidation service also helps with:
- Remove unnecessary packaging and bulky boxes.
- Tightly pack the package, reduce the empty space to a minimum so you don’t pay the postage cost for empty space in the package.
- Checking the content of packages to make sure you get what you order.
- We provide you with photos of the consolidated package.
- Check the content to make sure it’s not broken.
- You can also request additional special requests such as Additional Bubble Wrap, Additional Security Tape.
How It Works
- Log into your account.
- Choose the packages which you want to consolidate.
- Once the consolidation is done we send you a notification email.
Feel free to visit our How to Consolidate Packages page.
Look at the pictures below. This is an example of consolidation before and after. Before the consolidation, the total cost was $147 for 5 packages shipped to the United Kingdom. After Consolidation, the total cost dropped to $72. This is a savings of over 50%!