General Service Questions
Are there any restricted countries for your service?
We service all countries in the world except for embargoed countries. Please see the list of countries that we can’t service at the moment.
- North Korea
Please visit OFAC Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control for more information and a list of countries that are embargoed by OFAC.
When do I get my Planet Express forwarding address?
Upon signing up with Planet Express, you will receive our warehouse address and unique box number/account number so you can use it as the mailing address for online shopping.
What will my address look like?
Your address will have the following format:
17224 S. Figueroa Street #A1234
Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Which payment methods do you accept?
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes, we do. We accept credit cards via Amazon pay or Paypal. So all that you need to do is to sign up to one of these services, add your credit card and then you can pay at Planet Express via credit card.
Do you accept bitcoin?
Yes, we do. Just contact us in case that you wanna make a bitcoin payment to receive bitcoin payment request.
Do you accept other cryptocurrencies?
We support direct crypto payments only with bitcoins. In case that you want to use another cryptocurrency, you can use them by some crypto exchange. See our tutorial.
What is the minimum deposit?
What carrier is used for Planet Mail?
Planet Mail is delivered by a local postal office of a destination country – like USPS. So for example, if the package is sent to Germany, it will be delivered by German Post.
Do I have to complete the Customs Declaration for Packages?
Customs Declaration is required for all packages prior to shipping. Custom Declaration must be filled out correctly with the purchase price and quantity exactly like how items are bought from a retail store. All carriers will use this info as a commercial invoice for shipped packages.
Who fills the customs declaration?
You fill the customs declaration by yourself.
Can I ship perfumes?
It depends on the carrier. Please see this to get more details.
Can I receive also packages from foreign countries or just from the US?
Your Planet Express address can be used for all packages, even it’s from Chine or from anywhere.
Do you accept letters, magazines?
Yes, we accept letters and magazines. In order for us to accept the letters, please notarize a USPS 1583 form and send to us. You can find a copy of 1583 form here on USPS website
We consider magazines and letters just like packages. We suggest having magazines and letters to be consolidated for the best saving in postage cost.
What is USPS Form 1583
U.S. Postal Service Form 1583 is required from USPS from all customers. It simply allows Planet Express to receive your mails and packages. You always accept Form 1583 when you sign up with us. See more details here.
What should I do if I have a lost, damaged, not entered package?
If you have a package that is lost or damaged during shipping, you can open a claim and our claim department will assist you with the claim.
If you have a package that is supposed to be delivered to our warehouse and not entered in your account yet, please open a claim as well and a customer representative will assist you.
Please make sure to have retailer invoice or receipt with you to support your claims.
What are the restricted items?
Like all of the carriers, we can not ship any of these items:
- Combustible, flammable items (gasoline, paints, oil etc.)
- Pressurized cans, aerosol can products (hairspray, paint spray can etc.)
- Hazardous materials and corrosive material (chemical, industrial chemical etc.)
- Firearms, firearms parts & accessories, any items under the control of ITAR (ammunition, gun, scopes, military weapons & accessories, night vision goggles etc.)
- Agriculture and produces (live or dead plants, animals, fur, fruits etc.)
- Monetary items (coins, precious stones, cash, precious metal etc.)
- Drugs (prescription drugs, illegal drugs of any form etc.)
- Indecency items (pornography magazines, DVD, adult toys etc.)
- Stand-alone Lithium-ion battery (PI965) is prohibited to be shipped by Planet Express. We can only ship items that contain Lithium-Ion Battery (PI967) and items that packed with Lithium-Ion Battery (PI966)
- Certain restricted items like perfume or tobacco product can be export but will require additional documents. Please contact Planet Express support team if you’re unsure some items can be shipped or not.
- Corrosive, Explosive, Flammable, Compressed/Pressurized items, a Chemical solution of any form, Hazardous Materials
- Flammable liquid, paint
- Perishable food items
- Human or animal remains, live or dead animals or plants
- Identification, Money, Precious metal,
- Electronic equipment or equipment requires ECCN (Export Control Classification Number).
- Firearms or firearms parts, rifle scope, red dot sight, ammo or any items under the restriction of ITAR, Department of Commerce, US Customs Border Protection, or US Department of Treasury.
- Lithium-Ion Batteries are allowed. Only PI966 (Lithium Ion Batteries packed with equipment), PI967 (Lithium Ion Batteries contained inside equipment).
Can Planet Express Shop for me?
Yes, we do offer this service. If any retailer does not ship or accept foreign payment method, we can buy the items for you through our service. Please visit ShopForMe section for more details.
Can I use Planet Express’ phone number for my online orders?
We suggest you use your own number or create a skype number and provide that to the retailers. Retailer usually needs to contact you for the order details and we suggest to put a number that you can be reached in case the retailers need to contact you.
What type of payments method does Planet Express accept?
We are accepting PayPal, Amazon Pay, and Wire Transfer.
Planet Express’s bank account detail to send money by wire transfer?
Once you’re logged in your account and initiate making a payment from your account that’s more than $50. You’ll see the option of using wire transfer and detail info of the bank and swift number.
My account is suspended for security review, what should I do?
I see tracking number with PLANET in the beginning. Is that correct?
Yes, that is correct. Once our partner and USPS sorting center process your package you will see USPS tracking number but can track your package still using by PLANET tracking number. You can find more information here.
Can I ship alcohol, for example, wine with Planet Express?
Yes, you can! We can ship alcohol via DHL. See this article for more details.
How does Planet Express store my password?
Secure storing of your passwords is one of our priorities. Because of that, we use the bcrypt module to securely store your passwords. Thanks to that your passwords are secure because of 2^10 (ie, 1024) hashing.
How does Planet Mail work?
See this article.
How many days of free storage do I have for my consolidated package?
For a consolidated package, you have 7 days of free storage. Then we charge storage fee based on our pricing.
How Customs Clearance with Aramex Works?
Read this article.