- How does the package forwarding work?
- When do I get my Planet Express package forwarding address?
- Where do I find my new address?
- Is your address a PO Box address?
- Can you ship to APO, FPO, and DPO addresses?
- Can I receive also packages from foreign countries or just from the US?
- Can I receive letters and mail too?
- Are there any restricted countries for your service?
- How much does it cost and how long does it take to deliver the package to my country?
- How can you offer such low rates?
- Can I use Planet Express’s phone number for my online orders?
- How to reach us
- What payment methods do you accept?
- Do you accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
- What is the minimum deposit?
- What should I do when I want to refund my deposit?
- What if the US online store doesn’t accept my credit/debit card?
- Who fills the customs declaration?
- Do I have to complete the customs declaration for all packages?
- When do I need to pay for customs?
- Do I have to pay for the US sales tax?
- What are the restricted & prohibited items from international shipping?
- Are there some limits on how many batteries can be inside of the package?
- Can you ship perfumes?
- Can you ship e-liquids and accessories?
- Can you ship alcohol?
- Can you ship credit cards?
- What is the USPS 1583 form?
- What if the package is delivered to your warehouse but does not show up in my account?
- How can I track my package(s)?
- I see the tracking number starts with ‘PLANET’. Is that correct?
- How many days of free storage do I get?
- What carrier is used for Planet Mail and USPS once the package reaches the destination country?
General Service Questions
How does the package forwarding work?
Package forwarding can be explained in 3 simple steps:
1. You sign up with us and get the US address.
2. You can use this address for shopping online. Once we receive your order, you will get a notification email from us.
3. You complete the customs declaration and select the delivery method for your country. We will take care of the rest.
When do I get my Planet Express package forwarding address?
Upon signing up with Planet Express, you will receive our warehouse address and unique suite ID (also called box number/account number). You can use this address as the delivery address when shopping online.
Where do I find my new address?
Please login to your client acccount and you will see your address on your dashboard. It will have street address and mailbox number. Please make sure that you use your mailbox number when ordering packages. That way there will be no delay in identifying your package and entering it in your account.
17224 S. Figueroa Street #A1234
Gardena, CA 90248, USA
Is your address a PO Box address?
Our address is not a PO Box address. This means that you can shop even from the online stores that don’t provide shipping to PO Box addresses. We are regular business location which accepts packages during business hours.
Can you ship to APO, FPO, and DPO addreses?
Yes, we can. We have a fully dedicated guide for that. Read more about shipping to the military base and diplomatic addresses on our website.
Can I receive also packages from foreign countries or just from the US?
Your Planet Express address can be used for all packages, even if they are delivered from China or anywhere else.
Can I receive letters and mail too?
Yes, we can receive letters and your mail, but we need notarized USPS 1583 form in order to receive letters for you.
Are there any restricted countries for your service?
We service all countries in the world except for embargoed countries. Please see the list of countries that we can’t service at the moment.
- North Korea
Please visit the OFAC Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control for more information and a list of countries that are embargoed by OFAC.
How much does it cost and how long does it take to deliver the package to my country?
Feel free to estimate the shipping costs and delivery times with our postage calculator.
How can you offer such low rates?
The principle of the package forwarding is simple. We gather a large number of packages in one place. It is much cheaper for shipping companies to pick them up at our warehouse. Thanks to that we can negotiate lower prices and we pass the savings on to you. Read our case study for more info.
Can I use Planet Express’s phone number for my online orders?
Yes, you can use our number [+1 (424) 529-6998] for your online orders. The number might required from the seller to schedule the exact delivery time to our warehouse.
What payment methods do you accept?
Do you accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
We accept Bitcoin only. In case you want to pay with other cryptocurrencies, use some crypto exchange. Feel free to read our tutorial.
What is the minimum deposit?
The minimum payment is $5 for most of our payment methods. The minimum for wire transfer is $50.
What should I do when I want to refund my deposit?
Send us an email to [email protected] with your suite ID and the value you want to refund.
What if the US online store doesn’t accept my credit/debit card?
It is possible that the store blocks payments made with foreign credit cards. Feel free to read more about the solution on our international payments page.
Customs & Sales Tax
Who fills the customs declaration?
You fill the customs declaration by yourself on each package. See our guide on how to fill the customs declaration.
Do I have to complete the customs declaration for all packages?
Customs declaration is required for all packages prior to shipping. The customs declaration must be filled out correctly with the purchase price and quantity exactly like how items are bought from a retail store. All carriers will use this info as a commercial invoice for shipped packages.
When do I need to pay for customs?
Once the package sent by us reaches to your country and will be checked by your local customs, they (or the carrier) will get in touch with you with further instructions about the payment.
Do I have to pay for the US sales tax?
Sales tax is a tax that is collected by the seller for the sales of goods and services. The catch is that every US state has a different sales tax rate. We offer addresses in California and Oregon. The Californian sales tax is approx. 9.5%. However, our Oregon address doesn’t have any sales tax. Oregon warehouse is available for for Premium mailbox.
Insurance & Claims
Do I have to pay for the insurance?
We strongly recommend that you always select insurance on your packages. When you pay for the insurance that costs a few dollars, in case your package will be damaged or even lost, you will get a full refund.
The refund includes the price of the shipping, value of the package stated in customs declaration and costs of additional services (like a special request, consolidation, etc.).
The delivery methods by DHL and FedEx have the insurance included in the shipping price.
What if my package gets damaged or lost?
You did pay for the insurance:
Open a claim (read the instructions here) and give us some time to process it. You will get a full refund (the price of the shipping + the value of the package stated in the customs declaration + costs of additional services).
You did not pay for the insurance:
You won’t get a full refund. The delivery methods by DHL and FedEx have the insurance included in the shipping price.
Restricted & Prohibited Items
What are the restricted & prohibited items from international shipping?
Like all of the carriers, we can not ship any of these items:
- Combustible, flammable items (gasoline, paints, oil etc.)
- Pressurized cans, aerosol can products (hairspray, paint spray can etc.)
- Hazardous materials and corrosive material (chemical, industrial chemical etc.)
- Firearms, firearms parts & accessories, any items under the control of ITAR (ammunition, gun, scopes, military weapons & accessories, night vision goggles etc.)
- Agriculture and produces (live or dead plants, animals, fur, fruits etc.)
- Monetary items (coins, precious stones, cash, precious metal etc.)
- Drugs (prescription drugs, illegal drugs of any form etc.)
- Indecency items (pornography magazines, DVD, adult toys etc.)
- Stand-alone Lithium-ion battery (PI965) is prohibited to be shipped by Planet Express. We can only ship items that contain Lithium-Ion Battery (PI967) and items that packed with Lithium-Ion Battery (PI966)
- Corrosive, Explosive, Flammable, Compressed/Pressurized items, a Chemical solution of any form, Hazardous Materials
- Tobacco products are a restricted product and can’t be sent
- Flammable liquid, paint
- Perishable food items
- Human or animal remains, live or dead animals or plants
- Identification, Money, Precious metal,
- Electronic equipment or equipment requires ECCN (Export Control Classification Number).
- Firearms or firearms parts, rifle scope, red dot sight, ammo or any items under the restriction of ITAR, Department of Commerce, US Customs Border Protection, or US Department of Treasury.
- Lithium-Ion Batteries are allowed. Only PI966 (Lithium-Ion Batteries packed with equipment), PI967 (Lithium-Ion Batteries contained inside equipment).
Are there some limits on how many batteries can be inside of the package?
Yes, there are some limitations. We cannot send standalone batteries (PI965) at all. We can ship PI966 and PI967. Every delivery method has different limitations. You can find them here.
Can you ship perfumes?
Perfumes are a bit problematic. Some carriers may refuse it. We can ship them in a very limited quantity. Read more info about the shipping of perfumes on our website.
Can you ship e-liquids and accessories?
Yes, we can. But make sure that these items are not restricted by your local import regulations.
Can you ship alcohol?
Can you ship credit cards?
Yes, we can ship credit cards, however, you have to notarize yourself via Notarycam. Please, visit our USPS 1583 page for further info on how to notarize your address.
Packages & Tracking
What is the USPS 1583 form?
The U.S. Postal Service Form 1583 (USPS 1583 form) is required from USPS from all customers. It simply allows us to receive your mail and packages. You have to accept this form in order to use our services. Read more details about the form here.
What if the package is delivered to your warehouse but does not show up in my account?
There is probably a missing suite ID on the package. This means we don’t know to which account are we suppose to link the package. Please, send us the tracking number of the package and proof (invoice, the screen of the order…) that the package belongs to you to our email [email protected]
How can I track my package(s)?
Read our fully dedicated guide on how to track packages.
I see the tracking number starts with ‘PLANET’. Is that correct?
Yes, it’s correct. Once our partner and USPS sorting center process your package you will see USPS tracking number but can track your package still using by the PLANET tracking number. You can find more information here.
How many days of free storage do I get?
We offer 10 days for free for our Free Mail Box users, 45 days for free to our Premium Mail Box users, and 7 days for free for packages that were consolidated. Then we charge storage fees based on our pricing.
What carrier is used for Planet Mail and USPS once the package reaches the destination country?
Planet Mail and USPS are delivered by a local postal service in the destination country. For example, if the package is sent to Germany, it will be delivered by German Post across Germany.
Security and Data Protection
My account is suspended for security review, what should I do?
How does Planet Express store my password?
Secure storing your passwords is one of our priorities. Because of that, we use the bcrypt module to securely store your passwords. Your passwords are secure because of 2^10 (ie, 1024) hashing.